Friday, April 13, 2012

OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam and Quick Comparison

OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdam- two coats with no top coat

I Don't Give A Rotterdam is from OPI the Holland Collection 2012. It is a dusty cornflower blue packed with silver glass flecks. As you know I am a sucker  for shimmer polishes, so this one is right up my alley! The cool tone base also suits my likewise skintone very well!

When I first saw swatches of I Don't Give A Rotterdam, it instantly reminds me of Essie Smooth Sailin' (another favorite of mine), so I wanted to do a quick comparison. I also included OPI I Have A Herring Problem (also from Holland 2012) for good measure.

From L to R: Essie Smooth Sailin' vs OPI I Don't Give A Rotterdamn vs OPI I Have A Herring Problem

Wow was I totally wrong! Smooth Sailin' is a much brighter and vibrant blue than I Don't Give A Rotterdam, whilst I Have A Herring Problem has a strong teal base to it. Both Smooth Sailin' and I Don't Give A Rotterdam are filled with silver glass flecks, and I Have A Herring Problem is filled with gold flecks. Each polish is lovely on its own, and I am glad they are definitely not dupes! (my lame excuse for owning all three hehe)

4 comments:

jaljen said...

Three nice polishes. I have the CG and I'll just stick with that.

Kas said...

I think out of all three I prefer how Smooth Sailin' looks!

StylishByNature said...

Nice shades !!

Dear, I am hosting Lotus Mendes international giveaway currently, where 3 winners will win $180 worth of Rings...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

Enter 3 winner Lotus Mendes ($180) Giveaway
♡ StylishByNature.com

Dani said...

I just bought IDGAR and it took me forever to chose between it and Smooth Sailin'. However, now that you've shown me exactly how different they are I'm guna have to pick up SS asap!!
Thanks :)
-Del xx