Friday, October 7, 2011

Awesome Holo Sauce! BSJ Burple Holo #13 & comparison to OPI DS Glamour

After impatiently waiting for three months, my OPI DS Glamour has finally arrived! Along it I also received a BSJ #13 blue holo, and since they look quite similar in the bottles, I decided to do a quick comparison for you guys.

Notice how similar the BSJ bottle design is to OPI? 
A quick introduction to BSJ polishes. It is the same as BK holos (i.e. the numbering is the same), and I believe they are made in China. China is infamously known for making fakes for everything possible, but I am not going to complain if they could make more awesome holos like BSJ/BK!

OPI DS Glamour vs BSJ #13 Holo, both two coats with no top coat
As you can see from the above swatch, they look quite similar. If you look more closely though, DS Glamour is a true dark blue holo, whilst BSJ has a stronger purple base, making it more of a burple holo. Both polishes are very strong linear holos, as you can see in the following photo:

The difference between the two polishes is minimal in this photo
I am absolutely blown away by the pretty rainbows shining through by both polishes! There are not too many dark blue linear holos out in the polish world, so I am delighted to own these two rare polishes!

I then decided to change my mani to BSJ #13 so I could show off a bit more of its beauty. The formula is a bliss, and I get complete opacity with two easy coats. The dry time is lightening fast too!

I think I have done enough babbling, so I will let the photos speak for themselves. Enjoy!




12 comments:

TrailerHood Chic said...

Wow, they are amazing. I saw your pic and wondered how close they were :D

Jamie said...

Beautiful color :)

Fashion Footing said...

They both look fabulous :-)

Erika said...

WOw didn't know there was a polish so similar to glamour!!

Red said...

Wow - both are gorgeous!!! How does the price compare between the two? Thank you SO much for the comparison - I love that you do them often and answer questions that are on so many people's minds.

Love your nails!!!

Taylor McDonnell said...

WOW!!! i must get this now!! its a great dupe!!

@a_plena (AKA Julia) said...

Just beautiful! Love this bottle!!! where we can get these?

CaCa said...

Since it's not possible for me to get BSJ anymore from China, I don't know where else I can find them.

You could still find BK holos (not in this shade though) in Hong Kong.

imfeelingnail-venturous said...

Great post!

Rin said...

Very pretty!!!

AnGeLiQuE said...

OMG! I'm in love with this polish!

Nailderella said...

oh my! this is gorgeous!!!!!!! I love blue holos!